Ubiquitous Computing Lab focuses on mobile, wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) research. We work on various areas such as games, human-device interaction, virtual reality and augmented reality, computer vision and graphics, IoT protocols, smart apps and artificial intelligence. Presently, Dr. Rowel Atienza (PhD Australian National University) and Dr. Nestor Tiglao (PhD Technical University of Lisbon) supervise more than thirty research associates, graduate and undergraduate students from Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institute University of the Philippines-Diliman.
- de Belen, RA, Saludares, MI and Atienza, Rowel. ANEEME: Interactive mesh cutting using 3D snakes for automatic skeletal rigging of scanned character models (poster and demo), ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (SI3D 2017), San Francisco, CA USA, Feb 2017
- Roque, KF and Atienza, R. Real-time procedural generation of a growing corn model (poster and demo), ACM SIGGRAPH Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games (SI3D 2017), San Francisco, CA USA, Feb 2017
- de Belen, R and Atienza, R. Automatic skeleton generation using hierarchical mesh segmentation, SIGGRAPH Asia 2016 Workshop - Virtual Reality Meets Physical Reality, Dec 2016, Macao.
- Ting, M, Palngipang, F and Atienza, R, BBCast: Intuitive Design and Utility of a Cloud Based Bulletin Board, TENCON 2016, Nov 2016, Singapore.
- Tavas, R, de Leon, J, Aranzanso, R and Atienza, R, Genesys: A Virtual Reality Scene Builder, TENCON 2016, Nov 2016, Singapore.
- San Luis, MA, Atienza, R and San Luis, A. Immersive Virtual Reality as a Supplement in the Rehabilitation Program of Post-Stroke Patients, 10th International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies (NGMAST2016), Aug 2016, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom.
- Atienza, R, Blonna, R, Saludares, MI, Casimiro, J and Fuentes, V. Interaction Techniques Using Head Gaze for Virtual Reality, IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP) 2016, Bali, Indonesia, 2016.
- Saludares, M.I. and Atienza, R., Parametric 3D Hand Model, Proc. IEEE 7th International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation, Bangkok, Thailand, 2016.
- Melchizedek I. Alipio and Nestor Michael C. Tiglao. "Congestion Control for Caching-Aware Transport in Wireless Sensor Networks", Fourth International Conference on Internet Applications, Protocols and Services (NETAPPS2015), 1-3 December 2015, Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
- Wilbert Jethro R. Limjoco, Nestor Michael C. Tiglao, China Kimberly Paige S. Yu and Carl C. Dizon. "Performance Analysis of RPL in an Ambient Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Network", Fourth International Conference on Internet Applications, Protocols and Services (NETAPPS2015), 1-3 December 2015, Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
- Tiglao, Nestor Michael C., and António M. Grilo. "Transmission Window Optimization for Caching-Based Transport Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks." In Wireless Internet, pp. 39-46. Springer International Publishing, 2015. (Book Chapter)
- Yu, C.; Tiglao, N.; Limjoco, W.;, "MATES: A MATLAB-based Analytical Energy Harvesting Simulator", TENCON 2015, 1-4 Nov. 2015, Macau SAR, China.
- Tanyag, R. and Atienza, R. “Implicit Palm Rejection using Real-time Hand Model Filters on Tablet Devices”, 9th International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies (NGMAST2015), Sept 9-11, 2015, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Palngipang, F., Ting, M. and Atienza, R. “BBCast: Cloud-Based Interactive Public Bulletin Board”, 9th International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies (NGMAST2015), Sept 9-11, 2015, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Angco, M. and Atienza, R. “Depth Perception Through Adaptive 3D View Perspective and Motion Parallax”, IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Wireless and Mobile 2015 (APWiMob2015), Aug 27-29, 2015, Bandung, Indonesia.
- Montes, I.; Tiglao, N.; Ocampo, R.; Festin, C.;, "Delay-Based End-to-End Congestion Control for Wireless Sensor Networks", 7th International Conference on Ubiqiuitous and Future Networks (ICUFN 2015), 7-10 July 2015, Sapporo, Japan.
- Tiglao, N.M.C.; Grilo, A.M., “Transmission Window Optimization for Caching-based Transport Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks,” 8th International Wireless Internet Conference, 13-14 November 2014, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Tan, S and Atienza, R. “Librorum: A Crowdsourcing Filipino-English Dictionary Mobile Application”, IEEE TENCON-2014, Oct 22-25, 2014, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Fuentes, V and Atienza, R. “Smooth Writing Card for a Messaging App”, IEEE Conference on Wireless and Mobile 2014 (WiMob2014), Oct 8-10, 2014, Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Tiglao, Nestor Michael C. and António M. Grilo. “Caching Based Transport Optimization for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks.” IJARAS 5.1 (2014): 30-48. Web. 15 Aug. 2014.
- Valdez, N., Yu, C., Besas, R., Dumalaon, D. and Atienza, R., “3D Gestures on 2D Screens for Mobile Games”, IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Wireless and Mobile 2014 (APWiMob2014), Aug 28-30, 2014, Bali, Indonesia.
- Silvoza, K., Blonna, R., Atienza R., “A Natural Handwriting Algorithm for Tablets”, 6th International Conference on Mobile Wireless Middleware, Operating Systems and Applications (MobilWARE2013), November 11–12, 2013, Bologna, Italy.
- Tiglao, N.M.C.; Grilo, A.M., “On the optimization and comparative evaluation of a reliable and efficient caching-based WSN transport protocol,” 9th International Conference on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN), pp.226,233, 4-7 March 2013.
- Tiglao, Nestor Michael C.; Grilo, Antonio M.; , “Cross-layer caching based optimization for wireless multimedia sensor networks,” Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob), 2012 IEEE 8th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.697-704, 8-10 Oct. 2012.
- Tiglao, Nestor Michael C.; Grilo, Antonio M.; , “Differentiated Reliability for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks,” Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN), 2012 21st International Conference on , vol., no., pp. 1-6, July 30 2012-Aug. 2 2012.
- Cartagena, A., Atienza, R., Tai, T. and Cruz, R. Experiences in Developing Mobile Educational Games, IEEE Conference on Teaching, Assessment and Learning for Engineering (TALE2012), 2012, Hong Kong.
- Nestor Michael C. Tiglao, António M. Grilo, An analytical model for transport layer caching in wireless sensor networks, Performance Evaluation, Volume 69, Issue 5, May 2012, Pages 227-245, ISSN 0166-5316, 10.1016/j.peva.2011.12.002.
- Cesana, M.; Redondi, A.; Tiglao, N.; Grilo, A.; Barcelo-Ordinas, J.M.; Alaei, M.; Todorova, P.; , “Real-time multimedia monitoring in large-scale wireless multimedia sensor networks: Research challenges,” Next Generation Internet (NGI), 2012 8th EURO-NGI Conference on , vol., no., pp. 79-86, 25-27 June 2012.
- A wireless network of adaptable tap sensitive surfaces, Application Number 12015000452; Filing date Dec.22, 2015.
- UP System International Publication Award (Book Chapter) - Tiglao, Nestor Michael C., and António M. Grilo. "Transmission Window Optimization for Caching-Based Transport Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks." In Wireless Internet, pp. 39-46. Springer International Publishing, 2015.
- ASEAN ICT Awards 2014 for R&D (Gold Prize) for the research 3D Gestures for 2D Screens - Rowel Atienza, China Yu, Nicanor Valdez, Donna dela Paz, Joel Casimiro, Seij Blanco, Ronnie Besas
- Champion (Beros, R.; Mendoza, J.; Sabandal, J.; Tavas, R.), "Irina: Home Automation Assistant Mobile App", Accenture Program the Future Campus Challenge 2015 (App Category), 31 July 2015.